personal information collected by Gippsland Ltd. In this policy we explain how and why we
collect your personal information, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of
- Gippsland Ltd is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy
of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when
you deal with us.
Collection of information
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third
parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able
to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal
information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations
by Gippsland Ltd:
- If you contact Gippsland Ltd, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable
steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain
access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of
organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws
requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part
of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary
purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of
our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following
termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such
information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would
reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This
information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in
this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or
prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be
engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in
reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to
comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for
prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the
preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the
implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement
- Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may
collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of
other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Gippsland Ltd
encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of
each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
- Gippsland Ltd places a great importance on the security of all information associated
with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to
protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by
- Gippsland Ltd retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact
and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to
retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure
servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted
with authority and computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a
result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Gippsland Ltd cannot ensure
or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or
services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Gippsland Ltd receives your transmission,
it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account
information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Gippsland Ltd is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate
information about our customers, clients and web-site users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the
National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
- Gippsland Ltd retains the information you provide to us including possibly your
contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details
and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is
held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held
about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
disposal or destruction of your personal information, your complaint should be directed
in the first instance to us at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have
occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held
by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not
satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent
person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
- Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we
have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such
transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- Gippsland Ltd collects information from the site using "IP files".
- When you visit the Gippsland Ltd site to read, browse or download information, our
system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the
internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your
visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will
only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online
service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type
of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You
cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing
an effective service on our Web Sites.
it is used and the way in which information may be disclosed. As a result, please
the following address: email@example.com
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National
Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website
at www.privacy.gov.au .